Friday, September 07, 2007

Slackin' On My Fashion


Lately I realized, I've been really slacking and blogging like I used to. New York just threw me WAY off kilter. So, I'm back in Texas for another semester, which isn't so horrible. I just had to get accustomed to the style of living down here and not compare life in Texas to life in New York City.

Yesterday, during one of my long deep thinking moments (AKA during Human Development Class). I thought seriously about what I wanted to do with my life and how I wanted to get there. Sometimes,I just really want to kick myself for picking such a competitive career choice. However, it's my calling. I eat, sleep and breathe fashion and journalism. I really thank Atoosa Rubenstein for introducing the world of magazine writing.

Now, this week is like Christmas for Fashionistas!! It's the
Mercedes Benz Fashion Week.. YAY!. Once again, I'm across the country for the festivities so I must enjoy them via Internet. For the 1st day, L.A.M.B was the stand out show for me for day one.



L.A.M.B


I honestly love this line....despite the haters i really enjoyed the clothes.... I just wished she would have used more color. But, I likely ALOT!!!!!!



Also, I found an article focusing on why it is difficult for ethnic models, like myself , to find work... Surprising my agent commented in this post..
“Diversity is in a state of decline in this area,” says Bethann Hardison, a former model and owner of Bethann Management Inc., once credited by New York magazine with “changing the face of fashion” for her activism to get more equal employment opportunities for models of color. Here's the full article. The Great White Way

I definitely think this is a great article...... Take a look if you get a chance.

Well , I must get ready for work.

Thanks for countinue to read... I won't let you down again.

LOVE YA LOTS



3 comments:

Elle* said...

About time! Girl, I was about to start hounding you!

Elle* said...

LOL...but look whose talkin.

Anonymous said...

Hey, I love your site! I'd love it if you could check out my blog, http://www.lipglossandbronzerandlinerohmy.blogspot.com. I'm an aspiring beauty editor and currently a mass comm student at Virginia Commonwealth University. I'd love it if you could leave some of your feedback! Thanks so much!