Friday, January 16, 2009

Return of the DIVA........ The Re-introduction


A little over a year and so many things have changed in my life. Whether it was positive or negative. No matter what went on my life, I almost always thought about the blog and how much people appreciated and how much I loved to do it. When I first started "Diva", I was a second semester freshman and now I'm ending my junior year and ready to embark on my journey as an editor.

Things about me have not changed! I still love fashion like no other and treat it as a work of art! However, I believe my taste for fashion has matured as well as developed. Also, I have learned to appreciate diverse senses of style ( Dallas Style takes time to get used to..LOL).

What I hope to accomplish with this blog is not to dictate to others on what I feel is fashion but to highlight my journey to the ultimate fashionista. After all of the chick lit books about fashion as well as the movies devoted to fashion lovers... has made this field difficult to get into. Also, its very rare to see women of color involved.

During the long span of time that I didn't blog, I came across some fashion and beauty blogs written by women of color that were inspiring and creative, that made me wanna jump back into the game. Also, blogs that were already major... started to expand. Blogging has officially become a legitimate medium that will even allow some to venture into the tents.

For those who are just reading my blog,
My name is Leslie Nicole and I am from the greatest city in the world: NEW YORK CITY!!!! However I have been a resident of Texas for a few years. I'm 21 years old college student. My major is currently Journalism and I have aspirations to be a fashion director and ultimately have my own magazine one day. I started this blog to work on the dynamics to make my dreams a reality. Since, i don't work for a magazine just yet.. I decided to make a blog where I can express my fashion thoughts
.
I love and appreciate all of the feedback I get from everyone...

Thanks for taking the time out to read my re introduction.... THIS TIME I'M HERE TO STAY

With the love of fashion,
Leslie Nicole






No comments: