Tuesday, March 20, 2007

LA FASHION WEEK AND STEVEN IS BEING FLIRTY!!!!

Hey Darlings,
I hope I haven't been away for too long... but I have pretty cool stuff to share.

NUMBER ONE ... It's LA Fashion Week!!!! It's been going on since the 16th and ends the 23rd. Now it hasn't been easy to find info about it because it not as well publicized as New York Fashion Week but it still has all the glitz.

Here are a few of my West Coast Favs.

Ed Hardy

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket FYI: THIS IS SOMETHING I WOULD TOTALLY WEAR!!

Ed Hardy's Collection reminds me of Von Dutch but I see this brand having a longer life span. The theme for the Fall 07 season was All American.I am intrigued by the assortment of patterns used and also the live animals. Sadly, I don't see much difference from last season. I still find him totally wearable. Oh yeah, Janice Dickinson's Models are all over this show!!! AGAIN..... Get em JDMA!

Dina Bar-El

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Dina Bar- El is a awesome evening wear designer. She makes a night on the town fun and flirty. She ranges from Black Tie Attire to Cocktail.... and I must confess. ....she is a new favorite for me. I love that this season many of her designs have trumpeted silhouettes. Keep a watch for this designer.

Bebe

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This was one of the most talked about shows during the Fashion Week. Possibly because its the most commercial. Honestly, I do like Bebe.. sometimes. Another times they can be way off. Now there show for LA Fashion Week was Futuristic Mod inspired with models in White Wigs. I do see an expansion of design for this company and I'm very pleased. Now I don't feel it was the strongest show overall but I think they have some much room to grow to be Couture.

There's a still a few more shows... So look out for more runway watching.

Now, while I was surfing online I came across Steve Madden who is releasing a line of dresses. I am VERY VERY impressed.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

These dresses remind me of what currently is in Anthroplogie .. The prices start at 120's to about 160's and they can be bought at Stevemadden.com . Sadly, they are only avaliable from Pre Order and will be sent to the buyer in May or June. Not too bad. GOOD WORK STEVE !

I will be posting some more info within the next two days..... Please feel free to email me at mailto:lesnbrock@yahoo,.com

1 comment:

Elle* said...

Those SM dresses are very adorable...Flirty, fun, and summery! I predict a sell-out in the pre-orders. I love the white one!