Sunday, March 25, 2007

Westside and City Girl Chic!!!!

I'M BACK!!!!!!!! I know you missed me tons.. and I come bearing good news. Sadly, Los Angeles Fashion Week is over.. but I do have my commentaries... so lets get to it, shall we????

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
VOOM BY JOY HAN

I have to be honest and say I have never heard of this designer but she is very talented. She has a 60's Mod Theme yet the cuts are very inventive. I have to look for her on my next expedition. She is worth the big bucks.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Monarchy Collection
This urban reconstruction theme works. Especially gears towards the younger urbane crowd. This line is totally wearable and Guess who made a guest appearance on the catwalk. EVA MARCILLE!!!!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketKevan Hall
Now, I love a person of color who is into haute couture and Kevan Hall exemplifies this. Truthfully, I was not impressed by the entire line. Some of it did not seem wearable or even fun and other pieces were just GREAT! I'm going to keep a watch on him. Maybe next season may appeal to my taste. Above only shows my fav's from his show.


Overall, I wasnt excited about LA Fashion Week. It just didnt really excite me much as New York Fashion Week. In the Fall, Los Angeles really impressed me and geared me up for the Spring, whereas I was very disappointed.

Okay now to more exciting stuff.... There is a great different of fashion for people who live in the city and those who live in suburban areas. I'm not judging any of the fab suburban fashionistas but city girls walk.. ALOT as well as live under different conditions then people for other areas. Here are my must haves for city fashionistas.....

I have been soo obsessed with the shirt dress. I think the concept is so diverse and definitely a must have. I ended up buy two this week.. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Velvet by Graham & Spencer "Evonne" Baby Jersey Tunic -$106.00 at Bloomingdale's

The greatest thing about the shirt dress that you can wear it barelegged , with leggings or jeans. The aspect which will make it pop is getting it in a bright color.

Another must have for a city girl is the ballet flat,
Heels can definitely kill you toesies. So this is the way you can remain chic and comfy too..Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketTory Burch Reva Ballet Flats - $195.00 at Saks

I am a very very big fan of large sunglasses and I think any City Diva should never leave her home without protecting her eyes. While doing so, she must do it the most fashionable way Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketTom Ford - Ford Sunglasses $360.00

Lastly, Living in the city is all about multitasking and in order to do that.. you need alot of space...IN YOUR BAG.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketDonald J. Pliner Large Pleated Hobo - $370.00
Having a Hobo Bag will allow you to carry everything you desire. From an I-Pod to books all the way to a change of clothing. This is definitely numero uno on my list.

I hope you have enjoyed my comments..

STAY FAB!!!


No comments: