Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Going Down Under and Other Reality Show Bits


Hola Foxy Mamacita's
I hope everyone caught the premiere of Australia's Next Top Model. Can you say BORING??? I was waiting about 3 months for that show and its not that great. I will continue watching it for a few reasons.
  1. I have nothing else to watch at that time
  2. It may get better
  3. I love the Aussie accent
I think if some of these girls would compete with the American contestants.. they'd be CRUSHED. I just thought it was a sad remake but... who knows.. maybe that was a 1st episode blunder.
Today... I saw a total of 3 consecutive reality shows. I love that new Pussycat Dolls Present : The Search for the Next Doll. I guess dancing shows seem to get my a little hyped. Sadly, I can tell they didn't look for vocal talent because overall.. the girls are pretty week but these chicks kick but dancing. I really think I recognize one of the girls from Making The Band 3. but who knows... Next Up was The Agency. I honestly feel bad for those people who do not grasp what it takes to be a model. All these girls coming to the casting that are clearly too short or out of shape. Not every pretty face is a model. That Becky character, keeps me hooked. She is definitely a ..... ( a word i will not use on this blog) but not a nice lady and reminds me of some people I know. I cannot stress more to people who want to model, WATCH THE BLOODY SHOW! Lastly, We had Janice Dickinson.
She entertains me. I'm very happy they have a nice looking Dark Skin Guy into the agency now but why did she have to fire Marcus Foy. He was such a cutie. MARK MY WORDS DIVA'S... HE WILL WORK AGAIN.

NOW MOST IMPORTANTLY... FASHION!!!!!!!!!!!

Right now my favorite style accessory is the Beret. I have alway been a hat girl but the beret is definitely stylish and goes with an assortment of things and can be dressed up or down. When I went to my interview last week, I was having a pretty bad hair day ( well a bad hair weekend). I slapped one of these bad boys on and I felt like a new women.
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting Lola Saks Fifth Avenue - $75.00

Now this may seem a little pricey for a person who may not wear this style of head wear but it is well worth the investment if you want quality. I guaranteed you will feel like a Parisian Goddess.

Also in this time of year, my lips seem to get a little chapped and I am definitely a lip balm/ gloss whore. While surfing, I found an article on stylebakery.com

Heres the article below... I am addicted to the C.O Bigelow line

10 Best Lip Balms Under $10

We're obsessed with lip balm, especially this time of year when lips are typically dry and chapped. Below are some of our favorite balms - each for less than $10:

1111Menthalipshine-3

Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine / Breath Freshener
This mint-infused lip balm provides a glossy high shine with a refreshing cooling sensation. Lips stay moist and protected while Peppermint Oil gives breath a long-lasting freshness. A StyleBakery favorite! $7.50 at bigelowchemists.com

300-36

Bliss Superbalm Lip Conditioner, SPF 15
Mind the ‘chap’ and safeguard your smooch from sun damage. This balm is loaded with moisture-binding mango and cocoa butters, seriously softening vitamin E, and broad-spectrum UV protection. $10 at beauty.com

Pd Almond Lip Butter

The Body Shop Almond Lip Butter
A preservative-free and intensive moisturizer for the lips with an indulgent and luxurious, sweet nut scent. Its creamy butter-like texture melts onto the lips to help prevent dryness, leaving them feeling soft and smooth. $6 at thebodyshop.com

200-26

Rosebud Perfume Co. Smith's Rosebud Salve
Considered the gold-standard of lip balms - even jaded Beauty Editors (including StyleBakery girls) can't live without it. Soft, supple, and slightly rose-scented lips result with every use. $5.50 at beauty.com

P61017 Hero

Bare Escentuals Buzz Latte Lip Balm
Give your lips a rush first thing in the morning with this coffee-flavored lip balm. The nourishing formula protects lips with 17% shea butter and green coffee extract. $8 at sephora.com

P4638 Hero

philosophy Kiss Me
A StyleBakery favorite for years, Kiss Me is a super emollient lip balm for soft, supple, world-class lips. Protects and soothes with vitamin E, kiwi, and sweet almond oil. Also available in sheer tints. $10 at sephora.com

P142303 Hero

Sephora SuperStars - Super Shield Lip Saver SPF 15
Because soft, smooth, sexy lips are a must and keeping them safe from the sun's harmful rays is essential, this emollient blend of almond oil, shea butter, and olive oil, plus an SPF 15 sunscreen makes this lip balm a must have - any time of year. $5 at sephora.com

300-1-7

Neutrogena Lip Moisturizer SPF 15
One of the best of the drugstore offerings, it conditions and protects dry, chapped lips with no waxy feel. Contains PABA-free SPF 15 sunblocks to guard against the sun's UVA and UVB rays. And there's no color, no fragrance and no unnecessary additives. $3.29 at drugstore.com

198 Lrg

H2O+ Lip Mender
An essential lip rejuvenator to help smooth away fine lines and feathering while preventing chapping. Infused with herbal mint essences. $10 at h2oplus.com

132562-1

Kiehl's Since 1851 Lip Balm #1 Tube
A beauty-insider favorite, it protects lips from the drying effects of wind and cold weather and helps relieve chapped or cracked lips. $5.50 at saks.com

Well FAB ladies, ( and gets).. I'm logging off but I will be on tomorrow to talk about some other fashion stuff that I have come across and want to share with cyber space. I just wanted to thank everyone who has emailed me. It definitely an inspiration to keep doing what I do.


STAY STYLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Charreah said...

Love the blog and look forward to meeting you at that panel! Yeah, that Aussie Top Model was not hot. I could only take a few minutes after that wack entrance on the yacht .. .though its hard to top drill seargant/you got served Tyra!

Elle* said...

Philosophy Kiss Me is the best! I love that stuff.